AFSIC African Investments Dashboard
Apply for Funding
Do you want to Raise Capital for a Company, Fund or Project while you are attending AFSIC - Investing in Africa?
We are delighted that you are attending AFSIC – Investing in Africa this year.
If you are attending AFSIC (physically or as a virtual delegate) to raise capital there are many options to consider to boost your chances of meeting the right investors and secure the funding you require. Our suggestions, and further instructions on how to do each, are:
ACTIONS PRIOR TO AFSIC
- Advise our team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org that you would like to raise funding at AFSIC, we can then track to ensure that you submit all required documents in good time. If you do not advise us we will assume you are not looking to raise money at AFSIC (you may be an investor for instance).
- One month prior to AFSIC we send a Preliminary Deal Book containing investment opportunities being profiled at AFSIC to all attendees. A Final Deal Book is then sent one week prior to the event. Instructions on how to be included are provided below. Please note the strict Deadlines on when submissions must be made by in the Detailed Instructions section below.
- If you would like to pitch your investment opportunity at AFSIC please make a Speaker Submission. The earlier you do this the better as our slots fill up quickly. This option is not available for Virtual Delegates who should rather follow our instructions below re promotion on Social Media.
- One month prior to AFSIC we open the AFSIC Event and Meeting App, to use your time effectively at AFSIC use this to pre-book as many meetings with investors as possible. Make sure to swap cell numbers as often in the heat of the event it is difficult to coordinate meeting locations.
ACTIONS DURING AFSIC
- Use the AFSIC Event and Meeting App to book as many meetings with investors as possible. Make sure to swap cell numbers as often in the heat of the event it is difficult to coordinate meeting locations.
- Review the AFSIC Agenda and attend sessions that are relevant to your business sector. After the session meet the speakers/participants who may be of use to you.
- Attend the multiple Meet The Investor sessions we hold within AFSIC. These are free flowing networking sessions, allowing you to meet many African investors in a short period of time. This option is not relevant for virtual delegates.
DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS ON ACTIONS
PROMOTION ON OUR DASHBOARD – Our AFSIC African Investments Dashboard is accessible by our network of global investors
- Enter the AFSIC African Investments Dashboard
- Use your email address to register then log in with the One Time Password which will be sent to your email address
- Check your profile to ensure you have selected Apply for Funding as your objective
- Click on ‘Add New Investment Proposition’, complete summary details about your capital raising and submit.
- Send your deck/teaser to email@example.com which will be loaded onto our password secured dataroom accessible by registered investors
- Once approved, if you have marked your deal as being “Public” it will be accessible to the many institutional investors who use our platform to discover investment opportunities in Africa.
PROMOTION IN OUR AFSIC DEAL BOOK – A digital compilation of Investment Opportunities represented at AFSIC is distributed to all AFSIC delegates. Here is an example of an inclusion for the AFSIC 2022 Deal Book
- Complete the AFSIC African Investments Dashboard Submission as described above and send your teaser/deck to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: the wording from the Executive Summary and the Proposed Transaction will be used to generate the body text of your one-pager in the DEAL BOOK so make this precise
- Any presentations/decks you email to us will be loaded into your Dataroom and accessible by investors registered for AFSIC
- Send an image promoting your opportunity to email@example.com with an aspect ratio of 2:1 (width to height) which will be displayed on your one pager in the AFSIC DEAL BOOK. The picture can be any graphic that helps make the opportunity compelling to investors or you can send a high-resolution logo. Preferred format is JPEG or PNG.
- Send a portrait photo of the AFSIC delegate who will be representing your Investment Opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org
As mentioned above here is an example of an inclusion for the AFSIC 2022 Deal Book for your reference.
Deadlines for Promotion in the AFSIC Deal Book
Please note the following Deadlines for submission in our AFSIC Deal Book
Preliminary AFSIC Deal Book
- You must have submitted your Documents by Close of Business: Thursday 7th September 2023
- You must give us your approval for Publication by Close of Business: Friday 8th September 2023
- Planned Publication Date: Tuesday 12th September 2023
Final AFSIC Deal Book
We will work on a BEST ENDEAVOURS basis for submission made from the 1st September onwards. The dates below are firm cut-offs due to the requirement to finalise the AFSIC Deal Book in time for AFSIC.
- You must have submitted your Documents by Close of Business: Thursday 28th September 2023
- You must give us your approval for Publication by Close of Business: Friday 29th September 2023
- Planned Publication Date: Tuesday 3rd October 2023
PROMOTION OF YOUR CORPORATE VIDEO ON OUR SOCIAL MEDIA, WEBSITES ETC
If you would like us to promote your investment opportunity/corporate video on our Social Media Channels and Websites etc:
- Add an Investment Opportunity to our AFSIC African Investments Dashboard, as described above
- Add the Video URL Link into the relevant field when making your submission.
- Email email@example.com advising that you would like us to promote your Video on our Social Media Platforms providing us with your unique AIDB Number. This email must come from the person who made the Investment Submission.
PRESENTATION OPPORTUNITY AT AFSIC – pitch your investment opportunity at AFSIC in one of the Quickfire sessions
- Complete a Speaker Submission if you would like a chance to pitch your investment opportunity in a Quickfire session
- Complete a Dashboard Submission
- Provide all the collateral for the Deal Book page entry
- Note that the Quickfire slots are 5 minute slots with 3 minute presentation time and 2 minute question time and run strictly to schedule
AFSIC African Investments Dashboard Overview
Our award-winning AFSIC African Investments Dashboard captures a wide range of Africa-focused opportunities seeking debt or equity capital across all sectors and regions of Africa. Searching the Dashboard is free but the Dashboard is generally only available to regulated institutional investors managing third party funds, in order to protect the confidentiality of information uploaded by corporates and investment bankers.
Opportunities on the Dashboard are varied, and include investee companies of Africa-focused funds, projects sponsored by Africa’s leading Investment Banking firms, government PPP projects and a range of scalable, emerging ventures.
Investors can search the Dashboard at any time for free and are invited to complete the short mandate form to be alerted when investments matching your criteria are added to the Dashboard.
Investment bankers, business leaders and fund managers are invited to profile African companies and funds that seek capital on the Dashboard.
AFSIC African Investments Dashboard
Need more information? Contact Us!