2019 Call for Speakers
AFSIC is a highly focused investment event and is believed to be the largest Africa investment event taking place annually in Europe and one of the most important Africa investor events globally. It has a very strong investment focus and is attended by many of the most important global investors investing into Africa and by investors interested in learning more about African investment opportunities.
We are looking for Solo Keynote Speakers, Panel Moderators, Panellists, and Session Chairs to participate in AFSIC 2019. We also welcome ideas for investment focused workshops so that we can continue the strong momentum and build the best AFSIC event yet. Speakers at AFSIC receive very high profile before, during and after the event.
If you are interested in submitting a proposal to act as a Solo Keynote Speaker, Panel Moderator, Panellist, Session Chair or have a suggestion on an investment focused workshop to be held at AFSIC 2019, please review our Submission Guidelines below. Please send any questions regarding speaking slots to email@example.com.
Speaker Submission Guidelines
AFSIC is an investment event and our agenda is designed to profile African investment opportunities. We give a preference to African businesses looking for debt or equity investment, or institutional investors looking to uncover investment opportunities in Africa. In addition we welcome dealmakers such as investment bankers and debt and equity experts who play an important role in facilitating investment decisions across Africa. These speakers will get complimentary access to the full range of activities at AFSIC 2019 (excluding your travel and accommodation and excluding access to the Meet African Dealmaker event) subject to the discretion of the event organisers. If you are not an Investor, African business leader or Dealmaker but would like to publicise a product or service, please contact Emma Rynn, on firstname.lastname@example.org for information on becoming one of our event sponsors or for more information on booking an exhibition space.
When suggesting a topic, please make sure:
- Your content is Investment Focused;
- Presentations from African Financial Services companies, such as Banks, Insurance companies, Microfinance companies, Fintech companies and Leasing companies etc are welcomed;
- Presentations from Investors, including Private Equity and Listed Equity Funds, Development Finance Institutions, Sovereign Wealth Funds, Impact Investors, African Asset Managers, and other investors are welcomed;
- Presentations from Dealmakers including Investment Bankers, M&A experts, Corporate Financiers, Research Analysts are welcomed where they lead to a greater understanding of the investment opportunities available within Africa’s financial services sector;
- Presentations from Financial Services Sector Experts are welcome where they lead to a greater understanding of the investment opportunities available within Africa’s financial services sector;
Above all we are looking for content that is interesting, vendor and product agnostic.
Country Investment Sessions
AFSIC 2019 is focused on attracting investment into Africa, and as part of AFSIC 2019 we will be holding a number of single country investment focused sessions. A list of the sessions is included on this website under the networking tab. These sessions will either be:
Sponsored Country Session – these will be held within a dedicated room within the venue and will include a short (20 minute) overview of investment opportunities within the specific country from a business leader, investor or dealmaker from that country, or a representative of that country’s Government, and then a 40 minute period of informal networking designed to allow participants to grow their network within the chosen country. Opportunities for companies to be the lead sponsor for their country and maximise their exposure with an exhibition stand package, are available. For further information on sponsorship, please email Emma Rynn, Head of Marketing & Communications at email@example.com
Informal Country Session – these will comprise a 60 minute session of informal networking designed to allow participants to grow their network within their chosen country. There will be no speeches or formal presentations within an informal country session, and it will be held in an open area of the event hall.
If you would like to promote yourself as attending one of these sessions please enter the country session that you would like to attend in the Presentation or Panel Title box below, and N/A in the Summary of Presentation or Panel box below.
- Our 2019 Call for Speakers opens early September 2018;
- Our 2019 Call for Speakers Deadline is Monday 15th October 2018
- We will revert on all Speaker Submissions received prior to our Call for Speakers deadline by Friday 26th October 2018
- Our agenda will be announced November 2018
- All Speaker Submissions received after Monday 15th October 2018 will be reviewed by our Speaker committee on a monthly basis;
- Therefore if you make a submission following Monday 15th October 2018 it may take us up to 31 days to respond to you
We wish to take this opportunity sincerely to thank all applicants for their involvement.
Please note that the information requested below should be provided as part of your submission, and will be assumed to be correct as provided for use on a provisional Agenda, associated marketing documents and the event website. Prior to completing the form below please ensure that you have a .jpg or .png photograph of the speaker ready to upload as part of your submission as this is a required field.