Africa Events Limited provides this information to help you understand how we collect, use and share your information when you visit our websites
What we collect and how we use it
Some parts of our websites allow you to give us personal information. When you visit the site or communicate with us, we’ll use the information you provide in the ways you’d reasonably expect us to – for example, service delivery, improvement or customer support.
Because of the way our websites operates, we may also use information from your browser or browsing activities to personalize the site or route you to relevant information. For example, we may use web-log information, cookies or web beacons in ways that help us maintain some of your site preferences, send you to the right country-specific information or understand how our visitors navigate the site so we can make it better. You can choose whether or not to allow cookies or web beacons using your browser preferences.
What information we collect
The personal data that we collect or obtain may include: your name; age; date of birth; gender; e-mail address; home address; country of residence; lifestyle and social circumstances (for example, your pastimes); employment and education details (for example, the organisation you work for, your job title and your education details); your IP address; your browser type and language; your access times; complaint details; details of how you use our products and services; details of how you like to interact with us and other similar information.
We may collect and process personal data about you that you give to us, as follows:
- If you provide information to us by filling in forms on our website. This may include information provided at the time of registering, subscribing to any of our services, posting material, sending messages, giving reviews, making or receiving payments or requesting further services.
- Details of transactions and projects you carry out via our website.
- We may ask you for information when you report an issue or concern or we have or receive a complaint or query about you (whether or not a formal dispute is raised).
- We may keep a record of correspondence between you and us.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of the messages you send and receive using our event apps including without limitation, when you sent or received a message and the contents of that message. Messages are not private and are not confidential.
We may collect and process personal data about you from other sources as follows:
- We sometimes supplement the information that you provide with information received from third parties. For instance, credit reference agencies, search information providers, PayPal, other companies (subject to their privacy policies and applicable law), and from other accounts we have reason to believe you control (whether in part or in whole).
- Where we are provided with personal data about you by any third party such as a service provider, we take steps to ensure that that third party has complied with the privacy laws and regulations relevant to that information; this may include, for example, that the third party has provided you with notice of the collection (and other matters) and has obtained any necessary consent (if applicable) for us to process that information as described in this privacy statement.
- From the internet for example through your internet searches and remarketing using Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Linkedin Ads etc
Use of personal data
We will use your personal data to fulfil your requests and we will ask only for data that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes. Where we send you information for any purpose, it may be sent by e-mail or post.
When we ask you for personal data it may include our using it for the following purposes:
- We may contact you to inform you of new events we will be organising;
- We may send you regular updates on issues or investments we think will be of interest to you;
- We may send you requested information on our products and services;
- We may use your personal data for marketing and remarketing purposes and market research;
- We may use your personal data internally to provide you with the services offered by us via this website, to administer this website and to help us improve our services.
- We may use your personal data for managing and making information available to third party service providers (e.g. providers of due diligence services or in order to support our information technology) and our affiliates.
- We may use your personal data to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- We may use your personal data to notify you about changes to our services, terms and conditions, policies or website.
- We may use your personal data to manage risk, or to investigate, detect, prevent, and/or remediate fraud, suspected fraud or other potentially illegal or prohibited activities.
- We may use your personal data pursuant to applicable legal or regulatory requirements or to respond to requests and communications from competent authorities (including courts and tribunals).
- We may use your personal data for the services we receive from our professional advisors, such as lawyers, accountants and consultants.
- We may use your personal data for protecting our rights, those of our clients, or protecting those of our affiliates.
We may, from time to time, e-mail or post you information to make you aware of our other similar products and services which may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive emails or post from us for these purposes, or if you want to be removed from our electronic mailing list you can either select “unsubscribe” from any of the marketing emails that we send or alternatively email us at email@example.com.
Sharing information within our corporate family
Some of the services or information you can request on this site may come from other members of our corporate family. Therefore, we may share your information with other companies within our wider group of associated companies. Your information will be treated with the same high standard of care wherever it’s processed within the corporate family.
Sharing information outside our corporate family
Changes to this policy
From time to time, we may need to update this statement because of a change in the website’s functionality or in applicable laws. When we do so, it will be assumed that you accept the terms of the revised policy if you access our website after the date of change.
1st January 2020