Event App Quick Start Guide
The Event App is now LIVE and all registered delegates should have received an invitation email to join the Event App. Access to the event app will be closed on Thursday 14th May 2020.
If you are a fully registered delegate and have not received your invitation email please contact email@example.com. This quick start guide helps attendees easily get started with the AFSIC Event App. The Event App is available through your desktop via https://connect.afsic.net/, as well as available through a native mobile event app. We encourage you to use both.
Getting Started on Desktop
After you’ve registered for an event, you will receive an email inviting you to join the community. This e-mail includes an authorization link that when clicked, will automatically log you into the community. When logging in for the first time:
- You will be prompted to accept the Terms of Service Agreement
- After you’ve accepted, you will be redirected to your profile page where you can add information or make changes.
- Most importantly, you can set up your password so that you can easily log into the community from anywhere.
If you have not received your invitation e-mail or believe you accidentally deleted it, go to connect.afsic.net, enter your registration email address and simply click the “Forgot Password” . The system will automatically resend you the authorization link.
If the system does not recognize your email address, make sure that you have registered for the event with the same email address you are trying to use. If you have registered for the event, and are still having trouble signing in, click the Support button on the sign-in page to get additional help.
Install and Sign-In on Mobile Event App
- Using your iPhone, iPad or Android device, search for “afsic” and install the mobile app for the event from the app store and open it.
- Click the menu icon in the upper right corner, choose “Sign In” and enter your email address and password.
- You can also install and access the app by clicking on your invitation link from your “Join AFSIC 2020 Event App” email. Simply click on the “Sign-in to Event App” link and install the app. Once the app is installed click on the second box “Auto-sign in to the App” from the link on your invitation email to sign in.
Reset Password/Forgot Password
If you don’t know your password, or are having trouble accessing the community:
- Click Sign In in the upper right
- Click the Help/Forgot Password tab
- Enter the email address you registered with
- Click Send
If the entered email address is found in the community, you will be sent an email including an authorization link that will login to your account so that you can reset your password.
If the system does not recognize your email address, consider whether there is a different email address that you may have registered with and attempt to login with the alternative.
If the above does not work, please click the Support button in the lower right corner of the screen and provide as much information as you can including your full name, registration confirmation (if available), and the possible email addresses that you might have registered with.
Troubleshooting if you receive an error and can’t log in:
- Are you signed in to the native event app?
- Are you connected to the Internet (this can be WiFi or the cellular network)?
- Are you using the app installed from the app store?