Where to Invest in Africa?
Congratulations! You have reached one of the most important portals for connecting with Investors in Africa. Do you have a project or company in Africa that needs finance? Are you involved as an Investor in Africa? If so, you are in luck because we can help you.
Our team has enormous experience in raising funding for African Companies and Projects – we have led many investor missions across all regions in Africa, specifically matching Investors with projects on the African continent. Read on to learn more about how we can assist you.
Investors Looking for Projects
Africa is a continent that is rich in natural resources and offers a wide range of investment opportunities. Some popular sectors for investment include mining, oil and gas, real estate, technology, and infrastructure.
The mining industry in Africa is a major contributor to the continent’s economy, with abundant deposits of precious metals and minerals. The oil and gas industry is also a vital sector, with the continent being home to significant reserves of oil and natural gas.
Real estate is another growing sector in Africa, with an increasing demand for both residential and commercial properties. The technology industry is also on the rise, with a growing number of tech startups and companies emerging in the continent.
Infrastructure development is also a key area for investment in Africa, with many opportunities in transportation, power, and water projects to support economic growth.
We have huge experience in Africa’s resource sector. Between our team we have developed an extensive list of Investors in Africa and work closely with companies looking for Investors. We have run an extensive series of investor trips across almost all regions of Africa focused on discovering the most attractive investment opportunities on the continent. In addition, our team founded and runs the annual AFSIC – Investing in Africa event (more on the AFSIC website) which has become one of Africa’s most important investment events and is a major conduit of investment into Africa. We can assist Investors in finding many of Africa’s most interesting projects.
Read on for more specific information on how to connect with Investors in Africa, or Contact Us for more information.
So first things first, we can help you! We have built up perhaps the largest network of investors in Africa. Browse our extensive website to see for yourself. But for now let’s help you…
Why Invest in Africa?
There are a substantial number of reasons why we believe Africa presents an incredible investment opportunity for those with a long-term outlook including:
- Africa is “undiscovered” from a global investment perspective resulting in what we think are very low valuations both in African debt and equity investments which offer attractive entry points, especially when compared to valuations in many more developed markets; pe ratios are mid-teens, and return on equity is mid to high 20s;
- Africa is experiencing a massive population boom, currently 17% of the world’s population is African. At current rates of growth Africa is growing by the equivalent population of France every two years and will double by 2050. It is expected to double again between 2050 and 2100 to 4.3bn people or account for as much as 40% of the world’s population;
- Since the 1960’s Africa’s GDP per head has been growing as African has developed. Unless that trend changes (Africans start becoming poorer) – something we think very unlikely – then the strong demographic growth should lead to strong GDP economic growth. In common with many other countries that experienced rapid growth in the working age population we expect Africa to benefit substantially from a “baby boom”; In this context it is worth noting that the developed world is ageing very rapidly, and now even China is seeing its working population shrink annually;
- Africa’s economic growth is coming off a “low base” translating into GDP growth rates that are significantly higher than in more developed countries as the continent plays catch up, and in many cases jumps ahead with the use of new technology or methods of operating e.g. renewable energy, online education etc; Africa therefore provides access to growth and we see this in the higher earnings growth rates of many listed corporates;
- Market capitalisation to GDP is the lowest globally and investors are likely to benefit from capital market growth in the coming decades;
- The arrival of the internet, and other forms of communication such as mobile phones will increasingly lead to global companies “offshoring” in Africa to benefit from the low wage costs, and increasingly well educated workforce;
- African economies are diversifying and we see new sectors growing rapidly such as telecommunications, consumption and infrastructure;
- Increasing electrification is happening in Africa, as the need for large power plants fed by (in most cases) imported coal falls away to be replaced by solar and other sustainble forms of power generation that are considerably less expensive to implement and which do not require such an extensive power backbone as is found in countries that electrified earlier;
- Africa has benefitted from significantly improved monetary and fiscal policy over the past three decades. This has resulted in, amongst other things; lower interest rates, manageable inflation levels, stable currencies and African public debt levels that are low compared to those in developed markets;
- In our opinion Africa is following Asia’s development path and the coming decades will see a strong rise in incomes, continued reduction in poverty, and substantial economic gains for the investors who get in early.
Subscribe FREE to get Monthly Updates on Where to Invest in Africa
Share prices change regularly, exchange rates fluctuate, companies make public announcements, Governments change taxation policies or economic policies. If you are looking to discover the best share to buy now in Africa it is important that you stay up to date and current with the latest information. To keep updated FREE on current thoughts about where to invest in Africa, and the best stocks to buy in Africa make sure that you subscribe below:
Where to Invest in Africa?
How to Invest in Africa?
The comments given below assume that you are looking to invest into shares, equities, bonds or other traded products in Africa. It also assumes that you are not an institutional investor (professional investment firm) – if you are looking to invest into other asset classes or you are a professional investment firm then you can contact us for more bespoke advice.
There are essentially three options for a non institutional investor to invest into African shares and fixed income or debt products.
Option 1. Invest into an Africa Focused Fund
Professional fund managers search the African continent for the best shares to buy now in Africa, and using their knowledge of recent currency movements, up to date assessment of the political situation in countries across Africa, and the movement of fund flows into and out of stock exchanges on the continent the professional fund managers, will select the most appropriate investments for their fund. When you invest into a fund you are investing into a parcel of shares that together should make up a diversified portfolio allowing you to benefit from Africa’s future growth. We are related to an African Fund Management company called Adventis Limited.
Option 2. Purchase of an African Exchange Traded Fund
Buying an exchange traded fund (ETF) has become a normal part of investment in the USA and other developed nations. Low trading costs and simplicity of purchase are major reasons behind the surge in interest in ETFs. Unfortunately buying an ETF is not necessarily the answer for making an investment into Africa. There are a number of reasons behind this, including the fact that an ETF will have to purchase shares on a multitude of different stock exchanges (there are 19 in Africa) with different brokerage and underlying commission charges. Regular trading in some stocks might be expensive. Also a passive approach to investing in Africa might result in your investments being subject to currency rate depreciation that an active manager might have been able to foresee.
Option 3. Direct Account Trading with Stockbrokers on Africa’s Stock Exchanges
You may want to consider opening a stockbroking account with leading brokers in one or more of the fastest growing African countries. This can be quick and easy, and brokers will be able to provide you with up to date stock recommendations. It is important that you do your due diligence on the brokerage firm carefully. Are your assets separated from company assets? What is the stock exchange’s policy in the event of a broker going bankrupt? Larger brokerage firms may have more trading liquidity but also the level of service that you receive may be lower than that of more bespoke firms. ASEA is the official organisation for Africa’s Stock Exchanges. You can review their website and discover which African countries have stock exchanges, and from there research which stockbrokers you would like to use to purchase or sell investments direct.
AFSIC – Investing in Africa
If you are really keen to develop your network with Africa’s leading investment funds, stockbrokers and stock exchanges you may want to consider attending AFSIC – Investing in Africa which is an event wholly dedicated to promoting Africa’s best investment opportunities.
Free Promotion of Your Company’s Goods, Products and Services
Our focus is on matching businesses in Africa with new business opportunities. Tell us a little about your business by adding yourself to our Directory for FREE. Get Free Promotion across the world for your Company’s Goods, Products and Services.
Business Opportunities in Africa
Our sophisticated matching algorithm allows you to upload your own business opportunities direct into our Business Opportunity Dashboard where it can be viewed by global users. Selling Legal Services? Wanting to Buy an Agricultural Product? Involved in selling Renewable Energy Solar Panels? Login and add your Business Opportunity or Get Business Opportunities for FREE!
Invest in Africa
Are you a fund, institutional investor, or company looking to invest into Africa? Do you want to get FREE access to our extensive AFSIC African Investments Dashboard? We receive a significant volume of investment opportunities from all regions of Africa. Receive investment opportunities from Africa direct to your Inbox. Click Invest in Africa to join our Dashboard.
Apply for Funding?
We have built up one of the most extensive networks of global investors looking to invest into Africa. Our investors range from seed capital investors all the way to the largest funds. If you would like to Apply For Funding for a project, concept, idea or company in Africa please visit the AFSIC African Investments Dashboard and add details so that investors can view your proposition.
Join Us at AFSIC – Investing in Africa, Africa’s Investment Event
Our entire focus is connecting businesses and investors in Africa, so that companies can raise funding or grow their revenue or profitability. AFSIC – Investing in Africa is our flagship event where many of Africa’s most important investors and businesses connect with each other. Multiple Networking Sessions, Country Summits and Sector Focused Streams allow focused and relevant business generation and investment leads. Download our Event Brochure above to Learn More.
Want a Speaker Position at AFSIC?
Speaking at AFSIC – Investing in Africa provides companies and investors with a prestigious platform to raise their profile globally and within Africa’s business and investment world. Due to strong demand for speaking slots, and in line with the conference objectives, preference is given to institutional investors, and African companies seeking funding.
Become a Sponsor and Raise your Profile Globally
Our Sponsors benefit from substantial digital coverage prior to AFSIC, including on investment flows direct to investors and across our vast network focused on Africa and based globally. Additionally high visibility at AFSIC results in long lasting brand enhancement and prestige. Why not Download our Sponsorship Brochure Now – Click on Become a Sponsor above?
Do you have any Questions? Want to know how we can help you meet Investors or connect with relevant Business Opportunities? Let us assist you grow your company’s revenue in Africa. Contact us with your Enquiry Today.
Subscribe FREE to get Monthly Updates on Where to Invest in Africa
As a reminder if you would like to keep updated on the best shares to buy now in Africa then do subscribe to receive (FREE) monthly updates below.
Still wondering about where to invest in Africa? You can contact us here.