9th – 10th OCTOBER 2023 | LONDON
Koep & Partners
LEX Africa Profile
Established in 1993, LEX Africa is a legal Alliance of 30 leading African law firms, managed by South African member Werksmans Attorneys for the purpose of advising local and international clients on their trade, business, investment and other activities in Africa.
We are proud to be the first and largest African legal Alliance with a Pan African legal team of more than 700 lawyers providing cross-border and local African legal solutions for clients. Our track record speaks to our experience, expertise and success over the years, being consistently ranked as a Band 1 Leading Regional law firm Network by Chambers and Partners.
We have cultivated close relationships with leading local law firms across Africa over the last 30 years.
Each member is a full service law firm with expert knowledge and experience in both local law and the local business, political, cultural and economic environment.
Our members are also top performing law firms and lawyers in their respective countries and are recognised by major legal directories as leaders in various practices.
- Algeria – Loucif + Co
- Angola – FBL Advogados
- Botswana – Armstrongs Attorneys
- Burkina Faso – SCPA Kam & Some
- Cameroon – D.Moukouri & Partners
- Cote D’Ivoire – F.D.K.A Association d’Avocats
- Democratic Republic of Congo – Pathy Liongo & Associates (PLA)
- Egypt – Marghany Advocates
- eSwatini – Robinson Bertram
- Ethiopia – GeTS Law Office
- Equatorial Guinea – Clarence Abogados & Asociados
- Ghana – Bentsi-Enchill, Letsa, Ankomah
- Guinea Conakry – Thiam & Associés
- Kenya – Kaplan & Stratton
- Lesotho – Webber Newdigate
- Malawi – Sacranie, Gow & Company
- Mali – Satis Partners
- Mauritius – Erriah Chambers
- Morocco – I & I Law Firm
- Mozambique – JLA Advogados
- Namibia – Koep and Partners
- Nigeria – Giwa-Osagie & Company
- Rwanda – Certa Law
- Senegal – Mame Adama Gueye & Partners
- South Africa – Werksmans Attorneys
- Tanzania – FB Attorneys
- Tunisia – MEDLAR Lawyers & Legal Advisors
- Uganda – Katende, Ssempebwa & Company Advocates
- Zambia – Corpus Legal Practitioners
- Zimbabwe – Scanlen & Holderness Legal Practitioners
Type of legal services offered
Our members tailor their services to the client’s needs in the most cost effective manner possible and offers a “one stop shop” cross border and local solutions to clients for their African business activities.
Below are some of the key services offered by our members.
- Banking & Finance, Investment Funds & Private Equity
- Business Crimes & Investigations
- Construction & Engineering
- Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions
- Cyber Law, Block chain & Technology
- Dispute Resolution
- General Business Law
- Healthcare and Life Sciences
- Infrastructure, Energy & Projects
- Insolvency & Business Restructuring
- Intellectual Property
- Labour & Employment
- Local Investment Laws and Indigenisation
- Media, Broadcasting & Communications
- Mining, Environmental & Resources
- Property Law and Real Estate
This year, LEX Africa proudly celebrates 30 years of its existence, and we thank our lawyers, clients and friends who have contributed to our success.
Looking to the future, we will continue to provide world class legal services, empower our lawyers and encourage sustainability, diversity, inclusivity and collaboration between our lawyers. These principles have guided us in building successful long-term partnerships with members and clients since our formation in 1993.