AFSIC is believed to be the largest Africa investment event taking place annually outside Africa and has become one of the most important conduits of investment into Africa.
Sarada Nya 2020 Speaker
Chazai & Partners
Sarada Nya is a lawyer at the Cameroon and Paris Bars and is a partner in Chazai & Partners.
She was an associate at the French law firm Courtois Lebel in Paris before joining the Paris office of the English law firm DWF LLP in the Mergers & Acquisitions department. She is also an expert on corporate governance issues, business criminal law, business ethics and Compliance.
She also advises on new technology law, distribution law, intellectual property and maritime law.
In Africa, Sarada Nya is involved in transactions in several OHADA member countries. She also advises large groups on restructuring.
Sarada Nya has also worked in the Corporate & Corporate Finance department of the Paris office of the English firm Pinsent Mason LLP, in the Pinot de Villechenon & Partners, as well as in the Corporate Law Department of Dalkia, in the legal department of Alain Afflelou Franchiseur, in the group legal department of Tarkett, where she was in charge of Corporate Governance and Compliance, and in the corporate secretariat of the asset management company Axa Investment Managers, where she was Corporate Governance Analyst.
Sarada Nya holds a Master of Laws (LL.M.) in International Business Law from the University of Dundee in Scotland, a Master 2 in Business Law and Ethics from the University of Cergy Pontoise, as well as a Master 1 in Contract and Corporate Law and a Licence in Private Law from the Catholic University of Lille. She speaks French and English fluently.
She is the treasurer of the Association des Juristes Camerounais de France (AJCF). She is an active member of the African Business Lawyers’ Club (ABLC), a club dedicated to promoting better business practice in Africa, and is also a member of the Circle of Jurists for Business Ethics. Sarada Nya is the president of the French subsidiary of Believe In Africa, an American association formed by members of the African diaspora for the promotion and economic and social development of the African continent.
Some operations on which Sarada Nya has been involved:
– Member of the counsel team of Keywords International Group, listed on the English stock market, in the acquisition of three French companies for a global value of EUR 7,5 million;
– Member of the counsel team of the Democratic Republic of Congo represented by its Ministry of Finance, Budget and of Public Portfolio, in the frame of a loan of an amount of USD 250 million, before a bank consortium having as lead arranger the African Import Export Bank (Afrexim Bank) for the purpose of the investment in an oil & gas pipeline in Democratic Republic of Congo and other related infrastructures;
– Member of the counsel team of the Democratic Republic of Congo represented by its Ministry of Finance, Budget and of Public Portfolio, in the frame of a loan of an amount of USD 100 million, before a bank consortium having as lead arranger the African Import Export Bank (Afrexim Bank), for the purpose of the financing of the Fund Raising Letter;
– Member of the counsel team of the Société Nationale des Pétroles du Congo in the frame of a facility agreement of an amount of USD 914 million, before a bank consortium having as the lead arranger Ecobank Development Corporation, for the purpose of financing the CAPEX program;
– Member of the counsel team of the company Orion Oil Ltd in the negotiation and drafting of crude oil sale contract;
– Negotiating the acquisition of several French commercial companies by foreign companies;
– Drafting and negotiation of project finance contracts (including for energy projects in the Republic of Congo);
– The establishment of a sovereign wealth fund project contemplated by a Central African State;
– Member of the counsel team of the Democratic Republic of Congo in the frame of a litigation opposing it to the company Commisimpex whose staked amount to 800 million;
– Assistance provided to several companies in the oil & gas sector, among them Orion Group SA and SNPC (Société Nationale des Pétroles du Congo) in their pre-litigation and financial disputes;
– The review of the general conditions of use and subsequent acts of digital companies (among others that of Kelkoo) and their Compliance policy with the General Regulations on Personal Data (GRPD);
– Member of the counsel team of Tagidor Group (parent company of the Biopharma Laboratories) in the frame of the negotiation of the capital restructuring of one of its a joint venture with one of its foreign partners, whose assets are evaluated FCFA 4 billion;
– The negotiation of several confidential memoranda of understanding in the context of international trade disputes relating to the termination of commercial relations;
– The drafting of several shareholders’ agreements of companies governed by French and Ohada law;
– The management and coordination of the implementation of Ethics and Compliance policies of French commercial companies and in particular the drafting of anti-corruption policies (including that of the French group Tarkett) in accordance with American and French anti-corruption laws (FCPA & Anti-Bribery Act).
She has also written the following academic articles:
– Impact of the General Regulations governing the protection of personal data on African companies, Sarada Nya and Khadidja Benazir Moussa, Lexbase Afrique-OHADA, no. 27 of 27 November 2019;
– Mergers & Acquisitions: a development strategy for companies, Chazai & Partners Newsletter no.1 (Special edition), December 2019;
– The protection of personal data in Africa: normative and institutional framework: Newsletter Chazai & Partners no.1 (Special edition), December 2019;
– The new regime of infractions and sanctions of the Cameroonian Petroleum Code: an opportunity for the upstream oil sector in terms of compliance? Chazai & Partners Newsletter no.1, December 2019.
– Cameroon’s new petroleum Code: challenges, innovations and perspectives, Sarada Nya and Yann Solle, Chazai & Partners, 27 May 2019;
– Legal framework for investment in agriculture, Sarada Nya, Khadidja Benazir Moussa and Freddy Mooh Edinguele, Lexbase Afrique-OHADA, no. 20 of 28 March 2019.
- Country Focus Session: Investment Opportunities in Cameroon
THURSDAY 7TH MAY 2020 3:30 pm ROOM 4