AFSIC is believed to be the largest Africa investment event taking place annually outside Africa and has become one of the most important conduits of investment into Africa.
My experience spans over 13 years in the rail, automotive, process, education, FMCG, sanitation, waste management and agri inputs sectors in Kenya and the UK. As the Managing Director of Sanergy, my role is to grow and steer one of the world’s leading social enterprises to achieve scale, impact and profitability through execution of a circular economy model that solves problems in sanitation, waste management and agriculture by collecting and recycling waste to generate insect-based proteins and organic fertilizer. I oversee waste collection, waste processing, end-products sales, financial analysis and overall quality, health, safety and environment processes of the company.
I hold Six-Sigma Black Belt certification in engineering operations, a Masters in Mechanical Engineering and Management from Manchester University, UK.
– Mandela Washington Fellow 2014 – President Obama’s flagship initiative for Young African Leaders (YALI).
– Member of UN Habitat’s Waste Wise Cities Campaign Advisory Group.
– Vice Chair of the Bandari Residents Association Committee.
Relevant speaking opportunities:
-African Clean Cities Platform (ACCP) side event at TICAD 7 in Yokohama, Japan, August 2019.
– 4th Conference on Sustainable Inclusive Business, organized by KEPSA in Nairobi Kenya, June 2019.
– Toilet Board Coalition, Annual General Meeting, Geneva, Switzerland, January 2019.