AFSIC is believed to be the largest Africa investment event taking place annually outside Africa and has become one of the most important conduits of investment into Africa.
NOSSA Seguros, SA
CARLOS DUARTE – CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
• CEO of NOSSA Seguros since 2012.
• Vice President of Angola Insurance Association
• Carlos has a Degree in Development and Cooperation Sciences / International Relations (University of Lisbon – Portugal); and has participated in several executive programs, including Executive Leadership Development Programme (Duke University, North Carolina); Emerging Markets (Thunderbird School of Global Management – Arizona), Risk, Basel II & Governance Programme (Gordon Institute of Business Science – Johannesburg);
• His career started at the Consultancy Department of Coopers & Lybrand in 1995, a while after was transferred to KPMG Angola and has acquired an international accreditation in Corporate Finance at KPMG Johannesburg;
• Has worked at Loita Capital Partners, a financial boutique based in Johannesburg, where he was in charge of the African Portuguese speaking countries market;
• Carlos joined Banco BAI in 2001 as Head of Corporate Banking;
• In 2005 was appointed as Representative Director of Standard Bank of South Africa in charge of opening a representative office and led the negotiation process with the Angolan government and local investors, in order to obtain the banking license;
• In 2009 Carlos returns to Banco BAI as an Executive Committee; and appointed Director of the Board (since March/2011);
• In January 2010 Carlos was appointed Executive Director of NOSSA Seguros, Insurance arm for the BAI Group.
- Country Focus Session: Investment Opportunities in Angola
WEDNESDAY 6TH MAY 2020 2:30 pm ROOM 3