AFSIC is believed to be the largest Africa investment event taking place annually outside Africa and has become one of the most important conduits of investment into Africa.
Abdulmajid Mussa Nsekela
Chief Executive Officer
Mr. Abdulmajid Mussa Nsekela, has been the Chairman of the Tanzania Bankers Association https://www.tanzaniabankers.org since 18th December 2018. He joined CRDB Bank Group https://crdbbank.co.tz/ early October 2018 as the Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, coming from NMB Bank https://www.nmbbank.co.tz/ where he worked for 10 years overseeing the Retail Banking Business and its Operations. Prior to joining NMB Bank, he spent 11 years at CRDB Bank serving through various positions in Branch Operations and Corporate Banking Departments.
As a Visionary Leader and Seasoned Banker with over 20 years of experience in Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, Banking Operations and Control Functions, his contributions can be seen through the transformation of the banking sector in Tanzania spearheading numerous innovations across the banking industry by contributing to change within the two largest commercial banks (CRDB Bank and NMB Bank) in Tanzania; accelerated the digital channels that embarked on developing financial delivery channels through digital payment platforms that are close to where people live in offering financial products and services that addresses different business and individual needs.
Mr. Abdulmajid Mussa Nsekela hold a Master’s Degree in Business Administration majoring in International Banking Finance (MBA-IBF) and a Graduate Diploma in Business Administration from Birmingham University, he is also an alumnus of the Institute of Finance Management (IFM) having specialized in Banking and Finance.
Board and Council Memberships:
• 18th December 2018 – to date; Chairman – Tanzania Bankers Association https://www.tanzaniabankers.org/
• 20th March 2019 – to date; Member of the Tanzania National Business Council (TNBC)
• 18th February 2019 – to date; Member of the Tanzania Private Sector Foundation https://www.tpsftz.org/
• 21st October 2018 – to date; Member of the Tanzania Mortgage Refinance Company Limited (TMRC) Board https://ww.tmrc.co.tz/
- Country Focus Session: Investment Opportunities in Tanzania
THURSDAY 7TH MAY 2020 4:30 pm ROOM 3
- Panel: How to achieve strong investment returns in Africa’s banking sector
WEDNESDAY 6TH MAY 2020 10:45 am ROOM 1