AFSIC is the leading investment event focused on Africa’s financial services sector. 2019 Bookings are now open REGISTER TODAY!
Chief Operating Officer
SA Home Loans, South Africa
Rob is a Chartered Accountant by training, and has extensive financial services experience with a particular focus on securitization and debt origination. He joined SA Home Loans in 2005, and previously filled the role of CFO for 10 years.
In his role as COO at SA Home Loans Rob has responsibility for the execution of group strategies across the operational business units, with executive oversight of the Finance & treasury function, as well as the IT; Client services; Loss control; Human Resources; Loan processing and Risk & compliance functions. He further has non-executive responsibilities in respect of the insurance and life assurance operations of the group.
SA Home Loans is the pre-eminent issuer of Residential Mortgage Backed Securitisations in South Africa, and in his time at the company Rob has been responsible for the end-to-end execution of:
– 12 securitisation transactions with a combined issuance value of R20 billion,
– A R6bn short term note programme backed by home loans, issuing 3 month commercial paper
– A number of private, bilateral funding structures with a combined value of R35bn.
Rob is an executive committee member of the South African Securitisation Forum, a body which promotes the development of securitisation in South Africa.
Business Leader in
- Investment Opportunities in South Africa
THURSDAY 3RD MAY 2018 3:00 pm
- Panel: Investment opportunities in Africa’s housing finance sector
FRIDAY 4TH MAY 2018 3:00 pm